Print or PDF materials
- Computer-interactive Key to Families of Larval Fishes in Freshwaters of the United States and Canada (data set for use with DELTA Intkey) by D. E. Snyder and S. C. Seal. Larval Fish Laboratory, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, 2008 onwards. https://warnercnr.colostate.edu/fwcb/larval-fish-laboratory/downloadable-keys-guides-bibliography/
- Cyprinid Fish Larvae and Early Juveniles of the Upper Colorado River Basin: Morphological Descriptions, Comparisons, and Computer-Interactive Key, by Darrel E. Snyder, Sean C. Seal, Jennifer A. Charles, and C. Lynn Bjork (illustrator), Larval Fish Laboratory Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology Colorado State University, prepared as a project of Colorado Parks and Wildlife, 2016.
- Development of Fishes of the
Mid-Atlantic Bight: An Atlas of Egg, Larval and Juvenile Stages, U.S.
Fish and Wildlife Service Chesapeake Biological Laboratory, 1978.
- Developmental Rate and Behavior of Early Life Stages of Bighead Carp and Silver Carp, by D. C. Chapman and A. E. George, U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report, 2011.
- Early Life Stages of Atlantic Fishes: An Identification Guide for the Western Central North Atlantic, by W. J. Richards, 2005.
Early Stages of Fishes in the California Current Region, California
Cooperative Oceanic Fisheries Invesgtigations Atlas No. 33" (CALCOFI),
Sponsored by the United States Department of Commerce National Oceanic
and Atmospheric Administration National Marine Fisheries Service
Southwest Fisheries Science Center, supported in part by a contract with
the United States Department of the Interior Minerals Management
Service Pacific Outer Continental Shelf Region, edited by H. Geoffrey Moser, 1996.
- Embryonic and Larval Development and Early Behavior in Grass Carp, Ctenopharyngodon idella: Implications for Recruitment in Rivers, by A. E. George and D. C. Chapman, PLoS ONE 10(3), March 30, 2015.
- Fishes of the Western North Atlantic, Part 9 Volume 2: Leptocephali, by Eugenia B. Böhlke, 1989.
- Identification of Larval Fishes of the Great Lakes with Emphasis on the Lake Michigan Drainage, N. Auer editor, with forward prepared by Carlos Fetterolf, Jr., Executive Secretary, Great Lakes Fishery Commission, 1982.
- Preliminary Guide to the Identification of Larval Fishes in the Tennessee River, by Jacob J. Hogue, et. al. Tennessee Valley Authority, Division of Forestry, Fisheries, and Wildlife Development, 1976.
- ENTRAIN tool, organizes and stores entrainment terms and definitions as well as detailed images that define and support ichthyoplankton condition categories (e.g., live, dead, moribund, etc.).
- The Barcode of Life Data Systems (BOLD) is an informatics workbench aiding the acquisition, storage, analysis, and publication of DNA barcode records. By assembling molecular, morphological, and distributional data, it bridges a traditional bioinformatics chasm. BOLD is freely available to any researcher with interests in DNA barcoding. By providing specialized services, it aids the assembly of records that meet the standards needed to gain BARCODE designation in the global sequence databases. Because of its web-based delivery and flexible data security model, it is also well positioned to support projects that involve broad research alliances.
- Genbank - GenBank® is the NIH genetic sequence database, an annotated collection of all publicly available DNA sequences (Nucleic Acids Research, 2013 Jan;41(D1):D36-42). GenBank is part of the International Nucleotide Sequence Database Collaboration, which comprises the DNA DataBank of Japan (DDBJ), the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), and GenBank at NCBI. These three organizations exchange data on a daily basis.